Saturday 15 June 2024

Debut Flash: 'Dissertation in American' by Jingjing J Luo

1st Draft: I am a American who hasn’t liking taylor Swift, air-conditioned departmented stores, or pepperoni on pizza, but I likes filing taxes, giving bisous (French translation: kisses), and save moneying.

deleted.

Revision 1: Like many of my American friends, I am a human whose hobby is to be unique. I think Texas steakhouses taste better in China because they add ginger and Sichuan peppercorns. If you do not believe me, I will not convince you to. But when Say Yes to the Dress! airs on TLC, I look for women who want to wear red pants and green sun hats. Instead of playing football or fûtbol, I play croquet with the White Queen. Just remember, when I claim I do not want to conform to societal norms, I lie.

 


Jingjing Luo is an avid writer, partly for interest and partly not. As a full-time student, those Frankenstein essays don’t loiter. In her part-time career, she writes short stories and poems about teenage life — turning happy and sad -nesses into caricatures drawn by carnival artists. She plows her fingers into the paint bucket, scraping onto the canvas a bit of red and yellow for culture, blue for feelings, and some green for identity, but she doesn’t like how plain it's looking, so she pours the bucket of white down the front. When the paint dries, new words, new language, and deformed coherence are reformed into deep thoughts and easy observations. She loves meeting fellow cartoonists and cartoons themselves (everyone!), so please reach out to jingjingluolit plus the @gmail.com part at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Wigleaf Longlisting

Huge congratulations to Lisa Alletson whose 2024 FlashFlood piece, ' Translucent ' made the Wigleaf Top 50 longlist! You can read th...