Saturday 21 June 2014

'Resolute' by Amanda Quinn

1 January 2044: My resolution is to re-clutter. Hang the expense; I will fill this empty digital box of a home with things to awaken me. Unsuitable and unfashionable flowers. Chrysanthemums. Lilies shedding stripes of orange to shock the white walls. Ornaments. Heirlooms. A silver dog that cracks nuts with his jaw. Rows and rows of CDs which I will listen to in their entirety. And books. Mountains of flick-able, hold-able, bend-able books. Oh to push my nose into velvety pages and breathe in the scent of words on paper. These things I have missed in our perfect virtual world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Congratulations to our 2023 Best Small Fictions Nominees!

We are delighted to nominate the following 2023 FlashFlood stories to the Best Small Fictions Anthology: ' I Once Swallowed a Rollercoas...