Saturday 16 June 2018

'Last Call' by Paul Beckman

I’ll have mac n cheese, cheesy French fries, and Jello with fruit cocktail for dessert. Same for the Padre. What flavor? Red. I’m allowed 3 calls. I’d like to call Dial a Joke twice and the weather report. No Padre. Not the 23rd psalm or any psalm. Sing this but don’t look at it until I give you the nod. Sing loud and motion for people to join in. No prayers. This is not a very comfortable gurney. The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round . . .

4 comments:

  1. A lot of personality packed in here! Well done, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Paul piece for certain. Made me smile. Love how you use specific details to tell a story.

    ReplyDelete

Congratulations to our 2023 Best Small Fictions Nominees!

We are delighted to nominate the following 2023 FlashFlood stories to the Best Small Fictions Anthology: ' I Once Swallowed a Rollercoas...