He waited in the field for the Yellow Cab, conversing with men in
overalls. He carried a pail of avocados, almost black, and gave one to
each. The absence of streets and traffic lights was insignificant.
Looking up just in time, he saw a kit of wild city pigeons, the sun
brightening their feathers—morphs of rainbow. Rusty-red, white and
pied-blue. He watched them stream through the rays and listened for the
sound of tires.
first published in Camroc Press Review 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2026 FlashFlood: The Complete List
In case you missed any of the pieces we appeared during the 2026 FlashFlood, here's an index to everything. Sadly, the 'Blog Archiv...
-
Nobody understood this could be a thing, until they saw jumpers at a certain height, five hundred eleven feet, tumble upward. Unlike faller...
-
I’m not lover of art. I don’t know how to react to a splurge of colours on canvas. Or appreciate fine brush strokes on paper. And yet, this...
-
Every day I bathe in mud, lathering the slippery earth onto my arms. When the daffodils bloom, I immerse myself twice a day. I got the idea ...
Lovely... loved the images your words created
ReplyDeletethanks so much, susmita.
ReplyDelete