Sunday 27 June 2021

Wandsworth Carers Series: 'Goodbye my love' by Megan

This piece is part of our 2021 Community Flash series, showcasing new writing by the Wandsworth Carers Centre Writers Group. You can read more about the background to this project in our introduction to this series, find out more about Wandsworth Carers Centre on their website, and find them on Twitter @CarerWandeworth.


Goodbye my love
by Megan

 

Goodbye my love

I know not when we will embrace once more.

Time is like a number floating in the wind sometimes fast sometimes slow.  

Goodbye my love.

Goodbye my love, I'm counting the time, like a slow waltz wishing it not to end, your breath a soft breeze on my cheek.

As you whisper goodbye my love.

I lie here without movement limbs no longer strong but stone like at my side, my heart still beat blood flowing fast, a shell within a shell.

So as I lie here as they come to say goodbye.

My eyes can only say goodbye my love as  the light slowly fades.


Goodbye
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Congratulations to our 2023 Best Small Fictions Nominees!

We are delighted to nominate the following 2023 FlashFlood stories to the Best Small Fictions Anthology: ' I Once Swallowed a Rollercoas...