Saturday 26 June 2021

Debut Flash: 'The Sound' by Kasia Kalinowska

When the car flew off the bridge, I marveled at the texture of the paint strokes delineating the horizon from the sunset. We had a lot of time then. As gravity tugged gently on the vehicle’s undercarriage and our bodies in turn, making sure we didn’t achieve escape velocity and beat Elon to the moon, my eyes were transfixed. The angle at which they viewed that magnificent work widened as our slope into the Long Island Sound increased. Rise over run, but we couldn’t manage either. I dreamt it would be bees or the surgeon’s knife. I think I prefer the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Congratulations to our 2023 Best Small Fictions Nominees!

We are delighted to nominate the following 2023 FlashFlood stories to the Best Small Fictions Anthology: ' I Once Swallowed a Rollercoas...