Saturday 22 June 2013

'Love, Virtually' by Elaine Miles

On Monday, we met in a chat room.  All formalities dispensed with, we quickly became close.  I was thrilled when you wanted my email address, but relieved you didn’t want webcam.
On Tuesday, you wanted my mobile number.  The intimacy of your texts excited me.
But on Wednesday you wrote on my Wall that you were afraid of commitment.
Humiliated, I hid my profile.  Switched off my phone.  I couldn’t even tweet.
On Thursday, you unfriended me.  You even unfollowed me on Twitter.
By Friday, your Facebook profile declared you single.
Which was heartbreaking, as I’d been in love.
Well, virtually, anyway.

5 comments:

Congratulations to our 2023 Best Small Fictions Nominees!

We are delighted to nominate the following 2023 FlashFlood stories to the Best Small Fictions Anthology: ' I Once Swallowed a Rollercoas...