Saturday 25 June 2016

Star-Crossed by Sonya Oldwin



He’s throwing another major tantrum – because of Lego. If I’m honest, I’ve had it. I duck to avoid a couple of bricks he’s thrown at the wall. 

‘What’s the problem now?’

‘The pieces. They don’t fit. They’re supposed to fit.’

I check the packaging.
‘No surprise. These were produced in late November while those were made in September. Everybody knows that Sagittarius and Virgo make a bad match.’

‘Oh, Marie, grow up. Astrology’s for teenagers.’

Says the man playing with children’s toys. 

I don’t know the manufacture dates of the pieces. But I know that he’s Virgo. 

And I’m Sagittarius. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Congratulations to our 2023 Best Small Fictions Nominees!

We are delighted to nominate the following 2023 FlashFlood stories to the Best Small Fictions Anthology: ' I Once Swallowed a Rollercoas...