Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a cliche but Susan knew it was true, so many people would not find this beautiful.
But she was not one of those. For years, she'd lusted after it, never daring to dream that one day, this day, would actually come when it would be hers. Perhaps the problem was that usually you don't get to design your own, you just had to take what you were given. But not for Susan. Years of dreaming, researching, imagining, designing - they culminated in this.
And standing in front of the mirror, examining her naked and feminine but bruised body, Susan knew she had said goodbye to Sean forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2026 FlashFlood: The Complete List
In case you missed any of the pieces we appeared during the 2026 FlashFlood, here's an index to everything. Sadly, the 'Blog Archiv...
-
Nobody understood this could be a thing, until they saw jumpers at a certain height, five hundred eleven feet, tumble upward. Unlike faller...
-
I’m not lover of art. I don’t know how to react to a splurge of colours on canvas. Or appreciate fine brush strokes on paper. And yet, this...
-
Every day I bathe in mud, lathering the slippery earth onto my arms. When the daffodils bloom, I immerse myself twice a day. I got the idea ...
Lawks, Caroline! That's harsh. But very well formed.
ReplyDelete