Saturday 22 June 2013

'Best Wishes for the New Year' by Orjan Westin

Mark smiled as he twirled around the dance floor, his childhood love Samantha in his arms. All thanks to that genie. Two wishes? Mark had only needed one. He'd written a story of how he bumped into Samantha by chance at a New Year's party. And then wished the story would come true.

The countdown started. He hugged her and whispered: "All I have, I'll share with you."

The clock struck, the first bong rang out.

Samantha sighed. "I'm so happy, I wish this moment would never end."

After the thirteenth bong, Mark realised the second wish had been used.




Previously published at http://cunobaros.dreamwidth.org/7630.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Congratulations to our 2023 Best Small Fictions Nominees!

We are delighted to nominate the following 2023 FlashFlood stories to the Best Small Fictions Anthology: ' I Once Swallowed a Rollercoas...